The history of Leitaria da Quinta do Paço is based on tradition and innovation. Tradition is the outcome of more than 100 years: it started operating in 1920 with the production of milk and its derivatives, such as butter, cheese, and Chantilly. It was the first milk distributor, in the north of Portugal, from its factory in Paços de Ferreira.
It was also the first company to distribute pasteurized milk in glass bottles to its sellers in Porto, at a time when milk was sold to final consumers by women carrying it in jars on their heads.
Over the years, it has won several awards for the quality of its dairy products. As the years went by, and its owners grew older, the company lost competitiveness and was on the verge of closing down, like so many other traditional companies.